Chief Executive Officer Kenya, Commercial Bank of Africa (1st August 2012 to date)
Jeremy is responsible for CBA Kenya, a tier one bank with a USD 2 billion balance sheet.
He has been instrumental in diversification of the business to become the largest customer holding bank in Kenya through investment in mobile savings and loans (MSL), recording significant growth of the consumer business year on year. He is responsible for driving the strategic plan to ensure that CBA Kenya remains a key player through sustainable business practice.
Group Head of Business Management, Commercial Bank of Africa (January 2009 to 31st July 2012)
This was a regional role with overview of the Kenya and Tanzania businesses across Corporate, Consumer, Bancassurance and Investment banking portfolios.
Prior to joining CBA, Jeremy worked for Standard Chartered Bank in various senior leadership positions. From January 2006 to December 2008, he was Executive Director and Head of Consumer Banking, SCB Kenya where he was responsible for the Consumer and SME business.
From April 2003 to December 2005, Jeremy was Executive Director Consumer Banking, SCB Zambia where he played a key role in reshaping the business to profitability, following years of challenging performance in the copper reliant economy.
Between January 1990 and April 2003, Jeremy held various other positions at Standard Chartered Bank including the following:
• Head Consumer Banking, SCB the Gambia
• Senior Manager, GED Office- Chase Integration Project Manager, SCB Hong Kong
• Senior Manager, GED Office, PA to Group Executive Director North East Asia, SCB Hong Kong
• Head, Global Corporate Banking SCB Kenya
As part of his rich banking experience, Jeremy takes pride in numerous milestones. Among these highlights is CBA’s adoption of sustainable finance initiatives and his lead role in the bank becoming a member of the UNEP FI initiatives as one of only two commercial banks in Kenya that are currently members. In addition, his critical role in the conceptualization and eventual launch of M-shwari is testament to his significant contribution to Financial Inclusion – This has had great impact with over 23 million customers currently signed up.
In addition to his core function as CEO at Commercial Bank of Africa, Jeremy currently makes other key contributions in the following areas:
• Chairman, PACT Kenya (Public benefit organisation)
• Chairman, Nairobi Baptist Investment Company Ltd
• Trustee, CBA Pension Fund
• Member, KBA Governing Council and Chair of Human Resources Committee
• Director, Integrated Payment services Ltd (IPSL)
• Board member CBA Insurance Agency Ltd
Jeremy has previously served in the following capacities:
• Board member, Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation
• Board member Waldorf School
• Member, Alliance High School alumni committee
• Board member Linksoft Group
• Chairman, International School of Lusaka board
Integrated Payment Services Ltd. Offices
International House, 7th Floor Mama Ngina Street, Nairobi - Kenya.